EOX Vantage Privacy Statement, effective as of January 1, 2020
1 EOX Vantage Responsibility
EOX Vantage greatly values the trust of our consumers. This EOX Vantage Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes our online activities and the privacy practices for such. Please read the following Privacy Statement carefully to learn how we collect, use, share and otherwise process information relating to individuals’ Personal Data (“Personal Data”), and to review your rights and choices regarding our processing of your Personal Data.
A reference to “EOX Vantage”, “we”, “us”, “Company,” or “Organization” is a reference to eoxvantage.com.
For privacy information related to EOX Vantage as a customer affiliate, please reach out to the respective customer directly. EOX Vantage is not responsible for our customer’s privacy or data security practices that may differ from those described in this Privacy Statement. For more information, please see section 10.3 below.
2 Processing Activities Covered
The following Privacy Statement refers to the processing of Personal Data collected by EOX Vantage when you:
- Visit our branded social media pages.
- Visit our offices.
- Receive communication from us, including emails, phone calls, texts or fax.
- Use our product – the Enterprise Operating System – and/or our services as an authorized user (for example, as an employee of one of our customers who provided you with access to our services) where we act as a controller of your Personal Data.
- Register for, attend, and/or otherwise take part in our events, webinars or contests.
Our websites and services may contain links to third party websites, applications and/or services. You should review their third party “privacy practices” if you wish to collect information on their practices and uses.
3 What Personal Data Do We Collect?
3.1 Personal Data EOX Vantage collects directly from you includes the following:
- We may require you to provide us with your contact information such as, name, job title, company name, address, phone number, email address or username and password if you wish to obtain additional information about our company, use the “Contact Us” feature, use our website to register for an event, or download certain content.
- Information is automatically collected through cookies, web beacons, IP addresses or similar identifiers – which may be Personal Data – if you interact with our websites or emails. (Refer to the “What device and usage data” section below for further detail).
- Interaction or use of our services automatically warrants a collection of information pertaining to your device and your usages of our services. We do so through log files and other technologies -which may be considered Personal Data- (Refer to the “What device and usage data” section below for further detail).
- If you fill out a survey about your user experience or voluntarily submit information to our services, we collect the information that you have provided us with.
- If you visit our offices, you may be required to provide us with your name, email address, phone number, company name and time/date of arrival.
Providing any Personal Data regarding other individuals to us gives you the authority to acknowledge that this information will be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If you believe your Personal Data has been given to us improperly or without your knowledge, please contact us using the “Contact Us” section below.
3.2 Personal Data We Collect from Other Sources:
We also use other sources to collect information from you, which include third parties from which we have purchased or collected Personal Data. This is then combined with the Personal Data that you have given us. It’s in our best interest to do so because this helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers and create a more tailored experience for you. We collect data from the sources below:
- Third party providers of business contact information: mailing addresses; job titles; email addresses; phone numbers; intent data (or user behavior data); IP addresses; social media profiles; LinkedIn URLs and custom profiles. We do so in order to better target advertising to your interests, and to deliver relevant email content and event promotion to you.
4 What Device and Usage Data Do We Process?
Common information gathering tools such as cookies, web beacons and similar technologies are used to automatically collect information that may contain Personal Data from your computer or mobile device as you navigate through our websites or interact with the emails we have sent you.
4.1 Device and Usage Data
We, like most other sites, collect certain information automatically upon connection with the use of the website by the user. Information may include: IP address (or proxy server); device and application ID numbers; location; browser type; Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier; pages and files that were viewed; searches and other actions you take; operating system and system configuration information and date/time stamps associated with your usage. We use this information to maintain high security of our services, provide necessary functionality, assess and improve upon the overall user experience through use of the product and services, seek future opportunities for development, assess capacity requirements, and for the security of EOX Vantage. Some of the data collected within the services (alone or in aggregation with other data) may be personally identifying to you. Please consider that the data being collected is mainly used for identifying the uniqueness of each user.
4.2 Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies on our Website and in Emails
Upon visiting our website, EOX Vantage or an authorized third party may place a cookie on your browser. This cookie acts to collect information including Personal Data about your online activity over time and across a variety of different visited sites. The cookies allow us to track overall usage and determine your unique browsing preferences, in the aims to improve overall user experience.
Web beacons are used in our email messaging to notify us when you click on a link that directs you to our website.
The list below identifies and describes how EOX Vantage uses different categories of cookies and similar technologies and how you can best manage the data collection of the following settings of these technologies:
Description: Required cookies allow you to use our website, including secure areas of the site, and the features it offers. If you make information available about yourself to us, we may place a cookie on your browser to uniquely identify you upon login and to process your online transactions and requests.
Managing Settings: Cookies are an essential part of a website and are required for it to operate correctly. Therefore, there is no ability to opt out of using these cookies.
Description: Functional cookies give us the power to retain the information you have previously entered as well as the choices you have made (ex: username, language, region). This way we are better able to provide you with personalized features. Functional cookies also help us to improve the functionality of our site and gives us information to provide you with the most relevant content and communications. Specifically, these cookies collect important information about how our website is being used and which pages are being viewed the most. Our own technology or third-party technology may be used to track and analyze information so that we can provide you with the most relevant content and communications. Specifically, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. We use Google Analytics to assist us in analyzing how our site is being used -number of visitors, websites from which visitors have come to our site, and the pages on our site that users visit. All information that is collected is used to enhance our site and its functionality.
We also use Hubspot, a marketing and sales tracker located at 25 First St, Cambridge, MA 02141, in our efforts to better manage our content, web analytics, and search engine optimization. In addition, we use Visual Visitor, located at 1080 Holcomb Bridge Road, Suite 210, Roswell, GA 30076 to follow up on visitors to our website to generate leads and analyze customer interest in the webpages they visit.
Managing Settings: You can manage the placement of functional cookies on your browser via your individual browser settings. You may opt out of functional cookies, but it may impact the functionality of our site and damage your overall user experience.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies:
Description: Cookies are delivered by us or third parties to display relevant ads for our product on the devices that you use, and to track the performance of our advertisements. An example of these cookies would be collecting and retaining information such as which browsers visited our site. Any information provided to third parties does not include Personal Data. However, this information may be re-associated with Personal Data after being received by the third party. EOX Vantage contacts third party advertising networks that collect IP addresses and other information from web beacons on our site. Advertising networks follow your online activities over time and across other sites/services. They do so by collecting device as well as usage data (through cookies). These specific technologies may recognize you across different devices you use day-to-day: desktop, laptop, mobile smartphone, tablet. The third parties use this information to provide advertisements about products and services that are specific to your interests. It is possible to see their advertisements on other websites/mobile applications. Using this system helps us to best manage and track the effectiveness of our marketing.
Managing Settings: If you wish to learn more about data collection of third parties or how-to opt out, please refer to section 4.3 below.
4.3 Notices on Behavioral Advertising and Opt-Out for Website Visitors
As described in Section 4.2, third parties may place or recognize cookies on your browser upon visiting our site. This is solely for targeted advertising, “online behavioral advertising” or “interest-based advertising.” If you wish to learn more about how targeted advertising works and about your ability to opt-out, please refer to section 4.4 below.
Consult your individual browser settings for cookies to best manage the use of targeted or advertising cookies on this site.
4.4 Opt-Out from the Collection of Cookies on your Individual Browser
It is possible to opt-out of the collection of non-essential device/usage data on your browser (refer to the “What Device and Usage Data We Process” section above) by managing your cookies at the individual browser level. However, opting out of these cookies may decrease your overall user experience.
Some sites offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that allows you to tell websites you do not want your online activities tracked. Per the standards outlined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), EOX Vantage shall provide DNT options to its customers. To take advantage of this optional feature, please contact EOX Vantage by using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. EOX Vantage takes privacy extremely seriously, which is why we are continuing to track development about DNT browser technology and its standards.
4.5 Social Media Features
Our website may use social media features, including the Facebook “like” button or the “tweet” button, as well as other sharing features. You may share information with others within your own network on social media. The social media features are either hosted by the specific social sites or directly on our own website. If the social media features are hosted by the respective social sites, they may receive information that you have visited our website from our IP address. If logged into one of your social accounts, it is possible to link your visit of our site with your social media profile.
Your interactions with specific social media features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide the social media features.
4.6 Telephony Log Information
A telephony log may be collected if you use certain features of our services on your mobile device. Information such as phone numbers, time and date of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls may be tracked. Device information is collected through crashes, system activity, hardware settings and browser language. The location information is collected through IP addresses, GPS, and other sensors that provide us with information on nearby devices (Wi-Fi access points and cell towers).
5 Purposes for Which We Process Personal Data and the Legal Basis We Rely On
The following is a list of reasons we collect and process your Personal Data, and the legal basis covered:
- Providing our websites/services: We base the processing of your Personal Data on our interests to operate as well as administer our websites and provide the most relevant content to you. (ex: downloading content from our site).
- Promoting the security of our websites/services: We process your Personal Data by tracking use of our websites/services. We enforce terms and policies, create aggregated, non-personal data, verify accounts/activity and investigate any suspicious activity. This is necessary to maintain the safety of our company, including its sites and services.
- Providing necessary functionality: We process Personal Data to be able to provide you with the necessary functionality that is required while visiting our site/using our services.
- Managing user registrations: We process Personal Data upon registration for the purpose of contacting you according to terms and services.
- Handling contact/user support requests: Upon filling out a “Contact Us” or contacting us by other means (phone), we process your Personal Data. This is done so that we best fulfill your requests when communicating with you.
- Managing event registrations: When you register for an event hosted by EOX Vantage, we collect Personal Data so we can send you relevant information pertaining to the event.
- Managing payments: If you provide us with financial information, we process your Personal Data to verify the information and collect payment.
- Developing and improving our websites and services: Processing Personal Data allows us to track usage and interactions of the site so that we are best able to develop and improve our site.
- Assessing and improving user experience: Device and usage data is processed (described in section 4.1 above) which may be associated with Personal Data to analyze trends. Trends help us to improve the overall user experience to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving the service offering, or where we seek your valid consent.
- Reviewing compliance with applicable usage terms: We process your Personal Data to review compliance with the applicable usage terms in our customer’s contract to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure adherence to the relevant terms.
- Assessing capacity requirements: We process your Personal Data to assess the capacity requirements of our services to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure that we are meeting the necessary capacity requirements of our service offering.
- Identifying customer opportunities: We process your Personal Data to assess new potential customer opportunities to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure that we are meeting the demands of our customers and their users’ experiences.
- Registering office visits: We process your Personal Data for security reasons when you visit our offices and to manage non-disclosure agreements that you may be required to sign upon visitation, to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure that we are meeting the demands of our customers and their users’ experiences.
- Sending marketing communications: We process your Personal Data to send you marketing information, product recommendations and other non-transactional communications (e.g., marketing newsletters, telemarketing calls, SMS, or push notifications) about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our products, promotions or events as necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior consent (please see the “Your rights relating to your Personal Data” section, below, to learn how you can control the processing of your Personal Data by EOX Vantage for marketing purposes).
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your Personal Data when cooperating with government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights or as necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our websites, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
6 With Whom Do We Share Personal Data?
Personal Data may be shared as described below:
- With our contract service providers: IT and systems administration/hosting; credit card processing; research/analytics; marketing; and customer support and data enrichment. This is solely for the purpose and pursuant to the legal basis mentioned above.
- If you use our site to register for an event by an affiliate of ours: Refer to the affiliate’s contract with you to process information and ensure participation in the event. Our affiliate will process your relevant Personal Data to provide you with any further information.
- If you use our services as an authorized user with your affiliated customer responsible for your access to the services to the extent this is necessary for verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, or enforcing our terms and policies.
- With sponsors of contests or promotions for which you register.
- With third-party social media networks, advertising networks and websites, which usually act as separate controllers, so that EOX Vantage can market and advertise on third-party platforms and websites.
- With affiliates within the EOX Vantage corporate group and companies that we acquire in the future when they are made part of the EOX Vantage corporate group, to the extent such sharing of data is necessary to fulfill a request you have submitted via our websites or for customer support, marketing, technical operations and account management purposes.
7 International Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be collected, transferred and stored by our teams in the United States, and by our teams in other countries in which we operate.
This means that your Personal Data may be processed outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in countries which may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as the EEA. In this case, we assure adequate level of protection where your Personal Data is transferred to countries outside the EEA, such as standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR).
We do not aim to direct our site and services towards children. No Personal Data is ever knowingly collected from anyone under the age of 16. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has given us Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, please contact us by using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below and we will remove such data from our systems.
9 How Long Do We Keep Personal Data?
We determine the appropriate duration for keeping your Personal Data, based upon the amount, nature, sensitivity of your Personal Data, potential risk from unauthorized use or disclosure of your data, and whether we can achieve the purpose of processing by other means, as well as the applicable legal requirements we follow (ex. Applicable statutes of limitation).
After your data expires, it will be permanently deleted from our systems. Appropriate measures will be taken if your data is for some reason unable to be removed.
For more information on applicable data retention periods, please contact us by using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
10 Your Rights Related to Your Personal Data
10.1 Your Rights
You are entitled to certain rights pertaining to your Personal Data, which are subject to local data protection laws. If you’re located in the EEA, the following rights may apply to you:
- To access your Personal Data held by us (right to access).
- To correct any inaccurate or false Personal Data (right to rectification).
- To erase/delete your Personal Data, but only to the extent allowed by applicable data protection laws (right to erasure; right to be forgotten).
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by law (right to restriction of processing).
- To transfer your Personal Data to another controller, but only to the extent possible (right to data portability).
- To object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). You have the right to object if we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing. This includes profiling, which in turn produces legal effects (“Automated Decision-Making).
10.2 How to Exercise Your Rights
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. We try to respond to all legitimate requests as quickly as possible. If you are an employee of an EOX Vantage customer, we suggest contacting your company’s system administrator for assistance.
Logging into your account may allow you to update user, profile and organization settings as well as event registration.
If you wish to update any billing information, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
10.3 Your Rights Relating to Customer Data
Personal Data submitted by or for a customer to our cloud products and services may also be processed. If not stated otherwise in this Privacy Statement, or in a separate disclosure, we process such Personal Data on behalf of a customer (and/or its affiliates) who is the responsible controller of the Personal Data concerned. EOX Vantage does not claim responsibility for or have control over the privacy and data security practices of our customers which may be different from what is described in this specific Privacy Statement. If your data was submitted to us via an EOX Vantage client and you would like to exercise the rights applicable under the data protection laws, please contact the applicable customer directly – we can only access customer’s data directly upon instruction from that customer. If you would like to make your request directly with us, please provide us with the EOX Vantage customer who submitted your information and we will refer your request to the appropriate customer and support them in responding accordingly.
10.4 Your Preferences for Email Communications
Your data may be processed for the intent of sending you marketing communications. You may manage your receipt of marketing communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of our emails.
10.5 Your Preferences for Telemarketing Communications
If you would like your phone number to be added to our international Do-Not Call list, please contact us. Refer to the “Contact Us” section below. You will be required to include your first name, last name, company and phone number you wish to add to the Do-Not Call list.
11 How We Secure Your Personal Data
EOX Vantage takes security very seriously. To keep your data secure, we take precautions such as organizational, technical and physical measures which help us to avoid accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure of or access to the Personal Data we process and use.
While we take precautions very seriously, no storage method/transmission is 100% secure. You are responsible for protecting your own password, limiting the access to your devices and remembering to sign out of websites upon completion of the session. If you have any further questions regarding security of our websites, please contact us using the information located in the “Contact Us” section below.
12 Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is subject to change due to changes in our practices, technologies, legal requirements, as well as other factors. If we do update this statement, the date at the top “effective date” will be updated as well. If any changes are made to the material, we may provide prior notice to you by posting an obvious notice on our website or by contacting you through email.
It is recommended that you occasionally review this Privacy Statement to stay up-to-date and informed about the collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data.
13 Contact Us
If you wish to exercise your rights regarding your Personal Data, or if you have any further questions regarding this Privacy Statement, please email us at:
Or mail us at:
23611 Chagrin Blvd. Suite #320, Beachwood, Ohio 44122
Or call us at:
We pride ourselves in providing you with the best experience possible and will work to resolve any complaint or concern you may have about your privacy. If you believe that we were unable to assist you, and you are located in the EEA, you are entitled to file a complaint with the capable supervisory authority.