Senior Content Writer
*Only applicants with an online or digital portfolio of published work will be considered
EOX Vantage is looking for a prolific and talented Senior Content Writer to contribute to our vision of delivering the best information experience with great content. Your role will involve understanding the details of and around the products and articulating them in a clear, concise and illustrated manner. This role requires a high level of creativity and attention to detail, as well as the ability to tap into a technical writing style. You must be able to distill complex information into clear, concise text.
You must have sound experience with Enterprise SaaS products & a knack and love for writing, as well as a comprehensive understanding of technical products and experience in blogging, SEO/keywords and defining target audiences to achieve business goals.
The Senior Content Writer will report to the Marketing Manager and work closely with the SEO, Branding and Design team members at EOX Vantage. You will have a key role in shaping EOX Vantage’s Content Marketing Strategy. This is a cross-functional role that involves the Marketing, Sales, Product Development and Implementation Teams at EOX Vantage.
The Team at EOX Vantage is spread across two continents. As a member, you’ll need strong communication skills and the ability to build working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
- Create helpful and scalable technical and product documentation for EOX Vantage’s Enterprise Operating System and Managed Services users and prospects.
- Build processes with Marketing, Sales, Product and other teams at EOX Vantage to ensure the quality of existing and new documentation.
- Review draft content from other EOX Vantage team members and provide feedback.
- Create a social media calendar that aligns with sales and marketing goals and strategies.
- Write blogs and social media posts that utilize SEO, keywords and hashtags for enhanced engagement.
- Develop case studies and white papers that clearly define our value proposition and speak to our target audience.
- Develop targeted messaging to support campaigns that nurture prospects on the defined buyer journey.
- Create product feature documentation and training.
- Create creative content for company-wide announcements and other employee communication.
- Write press releases, and articles for trade magazines.
- Write content for onboarding kits and other customer-facing communication.
- Write content for third-party consultative services, like Capterra, Gartner, etc.
- Develop and maintain website content.
Skills for Success:
Strong Research Skills (know how to ask questions and learn from the answers):
You believe in providing trustworthy and interesting information from reliable sources, adding credibility, and most important value. You are part journalist and part investigative reporter, not too proud to ask the “dumb technical questions” that make engineers do double-takes – this is how you get to the bottom of creating documentation that’s truly beneficial to end users. You know the right questions to ask, make sure you have them ready up front, and never leave a meeting without understanding the answers.
You Believe in Delivering Quality:
You do your best to create quality unique content by making your articles engaging and grammatically correct. Your work makes clients shine as thought leaders, no matter the industry you are writing for.
Editing, Editing, and More Editing:
You don’t turn a piece of writing in until you’ve reviewed it thoroughly. In fact you hate it when someone points out a typo so much that you are meticulous about editing your own work.
You understand that tone and style need to fit the purpose of the piece and the culture of the brand. For example, a landing page contains text that is short and designed to persuade the reader to take action. In contrast, a white paper requires more detail to explain a more complex issue. You work well in and have experience demonstrating different styles for different purposes or different target audiences.
A Solid Understanding of SEO:
You stay on top of SEO trends and know how to craft SEO-friendly title and descriptions, use keywords effectively and keep up with Google’s latest algorithm changes.
Teamwork and Communication:
You don’t hesitate to ask questions about an assignment if you are unsure. You believe in crafting clean messages (both internal & external), making sure to proofread your work to ensure the message is clear, concise and error-free. You also give and take direction and constructive feedback, and you understand this is a vital part of building a strong cohesive team.
Know Your Audience:
You understand that the way you write for B2C is different than how you write for B2B. You use your empathetic abilities to guide your writing and recreate your user’s mindset and situation. You understand that you are the bridge between users (customers, prospects) and the rest of the company.
Critical Thinking & Common Sense:
You can make independent and informed decisions, such as how many screenshots will be enough to explain a blog on rocket science.
A Few Other Helpful Skills to Have:
Natural curiosity for how things work; ability to identify the proper support visuals to instruct designers on enhancing the written word; proficient in learning and using the tools of the trade; patience and persistence; and product testing and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Proven content writing or copywriting experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in technical content writing for SaaS products preferred.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable to users in written and verbal form. (for copy, images, videos, infographics, etc.)
- Ability to identify issues, challenges, and gaps associated with the content.
- Ability to understand briefs and translate briefs into high-quality product collaterals.
- Passion for technology, communication and strong understanding of the industry and organization’s mission.
- Basic understanding of web technologies and programming languages to publish tech blogs.
- Excellent command over written and verbal communication.
- Adept at multitasking, creative thinking and working independently.
- Experience in managing fellow team members a plus.
About EOX Vantage
At EOX Vantage, our goal is to deliver premier service with insights that boost overall operations. Clients choose EOX Vantage to improve their operational efficiencies and optimally manage data through direct assistance from the Managed Services team and leveraging the customized, patented Enterprise Operating System (EOX) – a suite of unified cloud-based apps to run a business, all on one secure platform. EOX Vantage allows clients to focus on what they do best by reducing the time it takes to manage the essential, non-core aspects of their operations, and improving their effectiveness with data and insights.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
EOX Vantage provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.